Thai Green Chicken Curry
Appliance: Stainless steel Frypan or flat bottom Wok on Induction Cooktop (Gas Cooktop)
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 40 mins
1 tbsp vegetable oil
12 chicken drumsticks
1 onion, halved and sliced
½ cup green curry paste
400ml can coconut milk
1 cup chicken stock
230g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp brown sugar
1 cup bean sprouts
Mint leaves, coriander sprigs and steamed jasmine rice, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Cook drumsticks in 3 batches until golden brown; set aside.
2. Stir-fry the onion for 2 mins over high heat until soft. Add the green curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
3. Add coconut milk and stock to the pan, along with the drumsticks. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 mins, until the chicken is cooked.
4. Stir in the bamboo shoots, fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar.
5. Top curry with bean sprouts, mint and coriander and serve with rice.
Handy hint:Serve in Asian bowl or deep dishes with steamed Basmati or Jasmine rice. On the side, serve fresh chopped red hot or mild chillies in Soya sauce. Serve with chop sticks or fork & spoons.